Saturday, March 15, 2008

Skittles Make the World Go Round

This past week was a hard one for me, but the grand finale of it changed all that. All through out Saturday morning I felt terrible and anxious. I was going to exert my body to its limit with Mar by walking as much as we could around the royal oak track, but just couldn’t get myself to do it. So the majority of my day was completely wasted, with me counting the hours left before my family left to a wedding party, where I would be happily left behind to enjoy the peace and quiet that never fills my house. They finally left at around 4:00. But as soon as they left of course things had to happen.

I arranged for Mar to come over and keep each other company and just hangout while both our families were gone. When we were on the phone though, rain started to POUR. Of course I told Mar about it, and then I told Marla that it started to hail. Then as soon as that happened the power went out and thunder and lightning followed. YAY. Time to freak out. I told Mar to hurry up and come but, she told me that her power went out as well and couldn’t get her car out of the garage because of the powerless door. I tried to direct her how to manually open the door, but grew impatient and just told her that I would come over instead, because I seriously didn’t want to be alone; I was freaking out. While I’m driving I notice the traffic lights weren’t working, its still pouring hard, and Marla is already out of her garage when I drive up to her house. I decide that it wouldn’t be a good idea if it were just the 2 of us because our fear would only grow, so I called Kate. Thank god she picked up, and I just blurted it out, could we come over?, and thank god she said yes! We were in business. I helped Mar close her garage door getting soaked by the rain and then we were on our way. Through out the entire ride Mar and I are laughing our heads off, because as we begin driving the rain disappears, the sun is shining through the clouds, and a BRIGHT rainbow has formed in the gray dark sky, as if saying to us “Everything is okay! :D ”. I felt that the storm bitch slapped all the bad moods out of me, because now I am feeling pretty good. Today turned out to be a good day, the best day I have had in a very long time, not to mention needed. I got to feel secure in a house with power and people, I was able to take large amounts of sugar, I was fed bombass lasagna, played with an adorable dog, and showed off my geek brainpower lol, *sigh* today was awesome, Susy is happy again!


1 comment:

girlwithapurl said...

You guys should chicken out and come over more often. That was fun, except for the part where I got diabetes from the skittles and smarties. Live and learn, right?
Also, you...are...a...NERD. In a big way. Both of you are, actually. :D